- Ruprecht-Karls Universität in Heidelberg
- At CARE Vision since 2006
- Senior physician for Clinic – Polyclinic of Eye University Clinic Eppendorf
- Speaker of transplantation teams
- Clinical senior physician of the Corneal bank
- Member of German Ophthalmologist Society (DOG)
- Member of German Society for Intra-ocular lens Implantation (DGII)
- Member of the Professional Association of German Ophthalmologists (BVA)
- Trainer for the Commission for Refractive Surgery (KRC)
- Award from Hans-Sautter-Price 2013
Prof. Dr. Med. Stephan Linke completed his medical studies at the Ruprecht-Karls University in Heidelberg, also from University Hospital Bern (Switzerland) as well as the renowned Moorefield Eye Hospital London (UK). The successful doctoral work was completed in 1999 in the Department of Transplantation Immunology in Heidelberg.
In collaboration with Toam Katz M.D. and Prof. Gisbert Richard, he initiated his thesis on the basis of the Hamburger Refractive database.
The focus of his clinical work at the University Hospital Eppendorf is the treatment of diseases of the anterior segment, especially the cornea. His operational range besides cataract surgery (monofocal, multifocal, toric) also includes corneal surgery (cross linking, amnion transplantation, intra-corneal ring segments) to the corneal transplantation (perforating and lamellar DSAEK and DMEK, Femtolaser).
Prof. Dr. Med. Stephan Linke is assistant medical director of the Clinic and Polyclinic for Ophthalmology of the University Hospital Eppendorf (UKE), speaker of the transplant team and the clinical director of the cornea bank.
He deepened his refractive surgical training in Amsterdam and Rotterdam (Netherlands). To date, Prof. Dr.med. Stephan Linke has successfully performed several thousand laser treatments for the correction of vision defects in the premises of the University Eye Hospital in cooperation with CARE Vision.
The research team led by Prof. Dr. med. Stephan Linke is researching the following topics (publications PubMed):
- Analysis of a refractive database (Hamburg Refractive database)
- Establishing a new laser system (PIRL) for ophthalmology
- Keratoconus screening
- Intra-operative wave front analysis for refraction
Prof. Dr. med Stephan Linke holds presentations at national and international congresses.
In May 2013, Prof. Dr. med Stephan Linke was awarded the Hans-Sautter Award 2013. As part of the 62nd session of the Association of North German ophthalmologists he received another award based on the Hamburg refractive database research on the ocular dominance, which was published in the prestigious journal IOVS (Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences).
Member of the European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)
Member of the Deutschen Ophthalmologischen Gesellschaft (DOG)
Member of the deutschsprachige Gesellschaft für Intraokularlinsen Implantation (DGII)
Member of the Berufsverband der Augenärzte Deutschlands e.V. (BVA)
Are you interested in laser eye treatment?
We would be happy to advise you in a non-binding information meeting about laser eye surgery. Reserve your desired date via the online appointment.